Seawind is dedicated to decarbonisation by redefining the global renewable energy industry.
Based on original research and development work by NASA and Hamilton Standard (today UTC), our Seawind 6 and Seawind 12 floating wind turbines and integrated foundations have been patented, proven and achieved first-phase certification. Compared to the current market, our solutions are exceptional.
- Twin-bladed rotors with teetering hinge and yaw control inspired by helicopter technology
- No blade pitching, only yawing to deal with wind direction and speed
- Design achieves lower torque and lighter drivetrain for higher rotation speeds, achieves low fatigue and longer life due to the teetering hinge
- Only one mechanism to deal with wind direction and speed
Lowest green energy cost
- More than 30% LCOE reduction compared to state of the art 3-blade technologies
- Optimised costs for manufacturing, operation and maintenance
- Seawind technology is highly competitive against fossil fuel and renewable energy technologies
- Reduced cost as the turbine and the support structure are designed as one system
- Macro components delivered and assembled by blue-chip supply chain partners
- Towed out to sea for installation, without requiring cranes or heavy vessels
- 30% lighter nacelle weight compared to 3-blade technologies
- Less parts due to no blade pitching and lightweight turbine head
Unlocking green hyrdrogen
- Supports energy transition global agenda
- Stable and cost-effective electricity source for green hydrogen production
- Lower intermittent power supply
- Safe access by helicopter through helideck
- Additional safe access by sea
- Spacious nacelle for all O&M operations
- Less materials, reduced carbon footprint
- No rare-earth metals
- No harmful pile driving at sea
Solutions for every need
Offshore wind solutions that meet the needs of large and small installations to support global decarbonisation
Large wind farms
Our 12MW turbine solution is a cost effective alternative for the development of large wind farms. Its unique design, assembly and method of installation will give an LCOE of $30/MWh (IRENA method).
Small wind farms
The 6.2MW turbine solution is perfect for small islands and coastal communities wishing to generate their own supply of low carbon renewable energy. Our solution can tolerate wind speeds upto 325km/h, making it the ideal solution for cyclonic regions.
Energy transition – including green hydrogen
Seawind is dedicated to helping major power consumers decarbonise. We’re working on the production of green hydrogen and alternative solutions that will help you to offset, or replace, your carbon footprint.
Wind market challenges
Unlocking wind power at sea
Offshore wind is set to become the energy source of the future, reducing the need for fossil-based fuels globally. The offshore wind energy market is projected to be $1tr by 2030, and grow at >30% CAGR.*
Research estimates the technical potential for floating wind power is over 7,000 MW for Europe, the US and Japan combined, by 2030. This equates to a minimum market value of $20bn. The drive for cost efficiency has the potential to further increase this market value estimate and instigate rapid growth post 2030.
Unlocking these vast new floating wind opportunities, unavailable to fixed-base solutions, is currently plagued by high costs, the need for subsidies and environmental concerns.
Seawind has the answer.
* Future of Wind Report 2019, International Renewable Energy Agency.