Health, Safety, Security & Environmental (HSSE) Policy
HSSE is part of Seawind’s Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Framework. The ESG Framework allows Seawind to monitor the impact it was on our partners, the environment, the communities that we work in and how we operate. The HSSE policy is a core fundamental of how we protect people and the environment.
As a condition of working for or with Seawind, all employees and contractors are expected to work safely and in an environmentally conscious manner by following established policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and work practices. This will ensure that their safety, health and security, and that of their fellow workers, and the communities in which we operate are not jeopardized and the environment is not compromised.
Seawind’s goals are simple. Our HSSE policy is called 4Z, which equals:
Our employees and partners are our most valuable resource and no phase of business is of greater importance than their personal safety. We believe that all incidents can be prevented and that HSSE is an integral part of everyone’s job. Each level of management is responsible for demonstrating HSSE leadership, ensuring the mechanical integrity of our assets, providing a safe work environment, and promoting HSSE as a value. Our reputation and license to operate depend on strict adherence to this philosophy.
Health & Safety Practices
- All employees and partners are empowered and expected to stop any unsafe job or project.
- Employees and contractors will promptly report and communicate all HSSE incidents and near misses to their Supervisor.
- Work will not start unless it is safe and compliant with Seawind policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. If there is uncertainty about HSSE or compliance, the expectation is to obtain the right information from the proper authority and make the necessary adjustments before commencing work.
- Driving is the most hazardous activity most employees and contractors encounter on a daily basis. We will operate in such a way as to ensure a steady reduction in the risks involved in driving and in the transportation and handling of our products.
- All employees have a primary responsibility for the safety and well-being of employees, contractors and visitors.
- Line management/supervision is directly accountable for HSSE performance in their area of responsibility and the continuous improvement of that performance.
- We expect our partners and subcontractors to operate and maintain their equipment in accordance with their own operational and maintenance guidelines. Seawind or our EPCM partner(s) will monitor supplier’s performance and where deficient, will insist on improvement.
- Workplace and work activity risks will be evaluated so that necessary steps are taken to minimize exposures and safeguard workers. The identification and control of workplace hazards will be addressed in the following sequence: eliminate the hazard, substitute the hazard with a lesser risk, engineering controls, isolate the hazards, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
- Clear lines of communication are essential to achieving an incident-free workplace. All employees are encouraged to submit HSSE concerns to management without fear of consequence.
- Training will be provided for employees to safely and effectively perform their jobs.
- All employees are empowered to become actively involved in our ongoing HSSE activities and processes.
Security within the construction sector is becoming increasingly important. This is not just in terms of the physical controls and guarding, or security-minded behaviour by personnel, but also in respect of how we manage risks arising from unauthorised access to, and manipulation or sharing of, data, information and systems.
essential that Seawind demonstrates engagement with the built environment,
our commitment to ethical working and promotion of a culture of continual improvement. In addition, Seawind has responsibilities to the public and other third parties and takes into consideration, at all times, the security of:
- Assets & IPR
Seawind has a 6 key Security operating principles. These are for our employees and partners to:
- Adopt a security-minded approach to your professional and personal life
- Apply responsible judgement and take a leadership role
- Comply with legislation and codes, understand their intent and be prepared to seek further improvements
- Ensure good security-minded communications
- Understand, comply with and seek to improve lasting systems for security governance
- Contribute to public and professional awareness of security
Seawind Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise the carbon impact of our assets
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its suppliers and the equipment they provide.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
Chief Executive Officer